Dubai, United Arab Emirates and KSA Permanent
Job Title : Structural Supervisor Reporting Into : Structural Engineer Direct Reports : NA Location : Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and KSA
Job Objective : Inspect structural activities on-site; Inspect steel fabricated elements; Coordinate fabrication with site schedule
Key Responsibilities : Site activities
- Inspect the erection of projects to ensure they meet technical specifications
- Monitor the progress of the construction work and performance at the site
- Report the progress of the project and performance on-site to the structural Engineer.
- Report any deviation from design drawings that occur at the construction site to the structural Engineer.
- Educate site workers on safety procedures to be adopted at the site and ensure they adhere strictly to safety standards
- Ensure the projects are executed in compliance with local or state regulations
- Ensure that any change in project design is executed by the operation team
- Motivate all the participants in the project
- Identify any potential problem at the site and work to prevent it.
- Keep accurate records of material fabrication quality documents.
- Hold meetings with the manufacturer on behalf of the Structural Engineer.
- Maintain good relationships with operations, contractors, and suppliers
Fabrication and procurement
- Support the Structural Engineer in the selection of suppliers for projects
- Assist the Structural Engineer with procurement.
- Coordinate with the structural Engineer in creating a schedule for the steel fabrication alongside the build schedule.
- Carry out inspection of fabricated material through PO and Drawing
- Carry out Fabrication inspection, Dimensional inspection, painting & welding inspection.
- Prepare Discrepancy (non-conformities) reports to the structural Engineer
- Review quality documents from the manufacturer.
- Coordinate with the manufacturer on the quality matters
- Approve the fabricated material in terms of quality and quantity before shipment to Arena site/Warehouse.
Required Skills/Abilities : Personal
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in English, Arabic & another language.
- Sufficient knowledge in the erection of steel structure buildings execution
- Sufficient knowledge of manufacturing steel inspection
- Ability to manage multiple projects within tight deadlines
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude
Working knowledge of MS Office, with proficiency in Excel is a must.
Education and Experience :
- Diploma/Degree in an engineering related field
- Driving license essential.
- 5+ years’ experience in steel inspection/erection
- Events experience an advantage.