We are looking for specialized candidates with good interpersonal skills for the position of gastroenterologist. Gastroenterologist duties include consulting and diagnosing patients, inspecting internal organs through endoscopic procedures, and consulting with patients’ primary physicians, among other duties. They are highly skilled specialists with a comprehensive understanding of all gastroenterological conditions and treatment options. Gastroenterologists should demonstrate good interpersonal skills as they will be required to attend to patient needs and consult with other specialists.
• Medical degree.
• Specialization degree + DHA eligibility / active license as specialist/consultant
• 3+ years of experience post-qualification
• BLS Certificate
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Meet with patients to assess their symptoms; inquire into the nature of their illness or injury
• Accurately identify and diagnose medical conditions
• Thoroughly examine patients and attend to their chief complaint
• Answer and advise on any other questions or concerns the patient might have
• Assign appropriate treatment plan according to each patient’s needs
• Educate and inform the patient of the necessary treatment plan and any follow-up appointments
• Perform clinical tests to better inform the diagnosis
• Proficiency in performing endoscopic and colonoscopy procedures.
• Proficiency with X-Rays, MRIs, and ultrasound scanning.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Treatment of regular patients inpatients and outpatients.
• Handling emergencies
• Diagnose and treat diseases of the Digestive system & linens and biliary system.
• Perform gastrointestinal procedures including Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, and ERCP for diagnostic & therapeutic purposes in addition to managing most gastrointestinal and liver and biliary diseases.
• Determines nature and extent of disorder, and prescribes and administers medications.
• Examines affected organs, using equipment such as Gastroscopy & colonoscopy duodenoscopy, both for diagnosis & treatment of upper and
• Lower gastrointestinal treatment & biliary treats disease
• Direct, train, and supervise medical staff including nurses, physician assistants, and med techs on proper procedures and protocol
• Participate in departmental quality improvement and patient safety programs.
• Report any Occurrence Variance during duty timings.
• Understand and fully comply with Regulatory and accreditation bodies’ requirements.
Job Category: Gastroenterologist
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: DubaiApply for this position
Full Name *
Upload CV/Resume * Allowed Type(s): .pdf, .doc, .docx