Job Description - Food & Beverage Captain - Arabic Speaker (HOT09DD4)
Food & Beverage Captain - Arabic Speaker ( Job Number: HOT09DD4 )
Work Locations : DoubleTree by Hilton Sharjah Waterfront Hotel & Suites Sharjah Al Majaz waterfront Sharjah 500200
A Food and Beverage Captain assists the Restaurant Manager with the management, direction and organization of restaurant operations to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service.
What will I be doing?
As a Food & Beverage Captain, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Train, supervise, counsel, and participate in the evaluation of restaurant staff employees for the efficient operation of the restaurant. Direct staff in their work assignments.
- Responsible for ensuring that restaurant complies with sanitation and safety standards for guests and employees. Responsible for ensuring that all equipment is in working order.
- Visually inspects and take corrective action to ensure that facilities in restaurant look appealing and attractive to guests. Provide guidance for improvement and implements necessary adjustments. Oversee work orders to ensure repairs and maintenance of facility are completed on a timely basis.
- Manage and monitor product quality and guest satisfaction in restaurant. Responsible for ensuring that food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared to guest specifications.
- Move throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take corrective action to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
- Verify temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products, and check preparation methods to determine quality.
- Provide guidance for improvement and implements necessary adjustments. Interact with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service and food in outlet.
- Investigate and resolve guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Document inventory forecast usage and monitor supply so that restaurant is stocked with linen, glassware, silverware, china, condiments and other items necessary to provide appropriate customer service. Oversees set up of dining and service areas.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures that relate to the restaurant as well as all local, state and federal laws and regulations. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Hilton from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions:
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, department meetings, staff meetings, etc. This position may participate in the hotel's manager on duty program, which may require occasional weekend stayovers and full responsibility for the hotel.
- Participate in community public relations for the restaurant and the hotel.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and/or Outlook Express.
- Properly execute end of night revenue closeouts including all reports.
- Requisition supplies to have an adequate supply on hand for the following shifts.
- On occasion, participate in inventory procedures.
- Open and close shifts in accordance with instructions.
- Handle associate relations on each shift worked, finding solutions for call offs, tardiness and last minute daily problems.
- Ensure all employees are following the correct break procedure.
- Communication through daily log book.
- In emergencies, perform in the capacity of any position supervised.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
What are we looking for?
A Food & Beverage Captain at Hilton is always working on behalf of our guests and clients and as team with your coworkers. To fulfill this role successfully you need to have the attitude, behaviour, skills, and the following values:
- Thorough knowledge of restaurant operations and preparation techniques.
- Strong mathematical abilities in order to determine and track inventory, controls, revenue productions, and other hotel financial statements.
- Ability to communicate , both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
- Administration and organization skills
- Ability to lead people
It will be advantageous in this position if you demonstrate the following skills and differentials:
- Previous experience in hotel and food & beverage operations
- Experience in similar function
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!